We give people the support to develop their potential by providing the advice and guidance and the skills necessary to help them find meaningful employment and to progress in the workplace.
Our approach is not just to help people into any job but into a rewarding career, leading to sustainable and long-term results for those we support, their families, the local communities where they live and work and for the economy.
We support employers to find the right people for their workforce helping their business to succeed and generate greater social value for our communities.
We help local government and local enterprise partnerships work with communities to make local areas and economies more prosperous, more productive and offer a better quality of life.
We do this by:
- Providing high quality, blended and flexible employment support and careers advice and guidance which address the individual needs and circumstances of each young person and adult we work with
- Knowing ‘what works’ and using evidence based approaches tailored to meet the needs of each person combined with a detailed knowledge of national, regional and local labour markets
- Working with both individuals and employers, synchronising the supply and demand for labour and skills for long lasting mutual benefit
- Building the confidence and capability of employers to make more of the skills, talents and abilities of a diverse workforce bringing fresh ideas and perspectives
- Listening to and learning from each young person and adult we work with as well as employers and partners so that our approaches are always informed by what works well.
- Careers, advice and guidance for young people and adults
- Targeted and specialist employment support including health and wellbeing advice for those from different backgrounds and at different points of their careers
- Support for low skilled adults to progress in the workplace
- Recruitment support, job brokerage and workforce development for employers
- Careers and skills events bringing employers and educational institutions into direct contact with young people, adults and careers professionals.
National Careers Service
Read more about the National Careers Service
Read more about the Work Programme
Read more about Work Choice
Read more about Outplacement Services
Employment Plus and ESF Older Workers
Read more about Employment Plus and ESF Older Workers
Supporting Young People
Read more about Supporting Young People
European Social Fund
Read more about European Social Fund Contracts Supporting People
- We are one of the largest providers of the National Careers Service supporting over 120,000 people a year
- We help over 25,000 people a year into work
- 72% of our Work Programme customers have found sustainable employment
- Careers information, advice and guidance to 27,000 offenders in 40 prisons
- We deliver support to young people who are not in education, employment and training on behalf of 20 local authorities
- We are a leading provider of ESF contracts supporting young people to improve their lives