Leading Parent Partnership Award (LPPA)
For schools and educational settings committed to investing in parents and carers for the achievement of pupils and students.
"Parental engagement has a large and positive impact on children's learning… It is therefore a priority for schools to identify interventions that are effective in supporting parental engagement, particularly for those parents who are not significantly involved in their children's education."
Goodall and Vorhaus, Best Practice in Parental Engagement, DfE, 2011
The LPPA is a national award that will strengthen and enhance your school's work with parents. Under the new Ofsted framework for 2012, inspectors will devote greater time to lesson observation, and speaking to pupils and parents. LPPA will provide evidence of a sustained approach to parental engagement, which meets Ofsted criteria, and also ensures parents have a positive experience of the school.
The numerous benefits of LPPA include;
- A clear framework for action, relevant to any school or educational setting, which helps the school identify strengths as well as areas for development
- An integrated whole-school approach to parental engagement
- Engaging with parents/carers who might traditionally find working with the school difficult
- Professional advice and support from experienced senior educationalists, enabling the school to benchmark itself against national practice
- Staff development, enabling key staff and the school to evaluate and monitor areas of their responsibility, in relation to parental engagement
- Significant impact in areas such as: improving two-way communication, positive learning climate, improved attendance, punctuality, behaviour and progress.
LPPA schools tell us:
"The whole 'LPPA experience' from our perspective has achieved its purpose: providing a framework for improving provision, highlighting areas of best practice in other institutions and validating areas of strength within the Academy."
Principal, Oasis Academy Enfield, 2011
"The LPPA was a challenge – it made each of us review WHY we did things and WHAT the impact was."
Head teacher, Sacred Heart RC Primary, Rochdale, 2011
"Gaining the LPPA has been a very positive experience for the whole school. Working towards the award encouraged all staff within the school to embrace opportunities to find new ways to involve parents in the life of the school. The support we received from our LPPA consultant was very effective and helped to keep us on track throughout."
Head teacher, Wattville Primary School, Birmingham, 2011
"The Award means a great deal to us in that we have improved our relationships with our parents immeasurably, and in so doing have raised attainment, achievement and most importantly the
expectations of the children."
Head teacher, Mossfield Primary School, Salford, 2011
The LPPA has a flexible approach, where schools can work individually or in groups, sharing effective and best practice. Where early years settings work together with their linked primary and secondary schools, a consistent, longer term approach to the engagement of parents can be developed.
For more information please contact the LPPA National Office on 020 8315 1246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org