Award winning week for Prospects Youth Support and Careers Services
Last week, Prospects Targeted Youth Support and Careers Services were awarded the matrix Standard by EMQC. matrix is a national quality kite mark for information, advice and guidance (IAG) services.
The matrix Standard is critical to Prospects’ ability to bid for IAG contracts.
Following a week of detailed assessment which included visits to Gloucester, Bexley, Wakefield and Loughborough, the assessor commented, “Prospects is very lucky to have such committed and dedicated staff”.
The assessor met and spoke with a wide range of staff, partner organisations and young people from across the areas and made the following observations:
- Staff have maintained excellent levels of service throughout substantial periods of change
- Flexible delivery models have been deployed to deliver core targets around those not in employment, education or training (NEET), targeted cohort work and securing positive transitions for young people with learning difficulties or disabilities
- Services are consistently client centred
- Excellent examples of effective youth participation are evident
- Partnership development is strong
- Prospects works consistently in the interests of young people.
Vincent McDonnell, Managing Director, said, “This is a great result all round”, and thanked all the staff who contributed to the preparation for the assessment.
Antony Pearce, Director of Quality and Business Improvement, said, “This is good news indeed. Having the matrix Standard for these services is critical to Prospects future success." There is much to celebrate in the way we work with young people and this certainly came through; those interviewed were all very positive about the support they are receiving and that is the best kind of feedback!”