PRESS RELEASE - Prospects wins contract to deliver new Youth Entrepreneurship Services for schools to nurture Wales’ future entrepreneurs
Prospects, the education, employment and training company, has won the contract to deliver Youth Entrepreneurship Services (YES) in primary and secondary schools in Wales on behalf the Welsh Government.
YES will target children and young people from primary school through to further and higher education, as well as those outside education and training, with a range of innovative activities to increase awareness of entrepreneurship and raise aspirations in Wales as a country of young business innovators. Prospects, leading a consortium including Cazbah and Markit, will be introducing a new primary competition and working with secondary schools to bring inspirational role models to the classroom.
YES will build on the previous successful role model projects which targeted more than 42,000 young people and saw entrepreneurial activity amongst young adults almost treble in a decade. According to the Carnegie UK Trust Welsh students are the most enterprise minded in the UK; almost 30 per cent of them want to start their own business once they have finished their studies.
Andrew Coates, Prospects Sales and Marketing Director, said: “We are delighted, along with our partner Cazbah, to be working with both primary and secondary schools as well as business owners right across Wales in delivering the service. The projects will continue to be inspirational for young people and we are particularly excited about introducing the new primary school competition.”
- END -
Notes to Editor
• You can find the Welsh Assembly Government announcement of the Youth Entrepreneurship Services here
• The Youth Entrepreneurship Services is part funded by the European Regional Development fund.
• Further information on the Youth Entrepreneurship Strategy is available on www.BigIdeasWales.com
Prospects is a leading education, employment and training company, working across the UK and internationally. We estimate we help more than one million people each year, through an extensive range of high quality services.
We are one of the first and largest new employee owned mutual companies, with shares owned by managers and staff.
Our services include;
- Careers services for adults and young people –including the National Careers Service in three regions
- Advice and guidance for offenders in custody, in Greater London and Yorkshire and Humber
- The Work Programme, the government's major initiative to help long term unemployed people back to work, in the South West, London and Bristol
- Ofsted Early Years Inspection Services in the Midlands and North of England
- Youth Contract targeted support for young people aged 16-17 in the West Midlands and Yorkshire and Humber
- An extensive range of education consultancy and school improvement services
- Academy sponsorship through Prospects Academies Trust, an independent charity supporting the development of Academies and Free Schools.
We are also widely recognised for expertise in events management, recruitment, community regeneration and educational resources. Gabbitas, one of the most trusted names in independent education, is part of the Prospects Group.
020 8315 1522
020 8315 1023