#mysummer – Join the National Citizen Service
If you are 16 or 17 then why not spend some of your summer getting involved with the National Citizen Service (NCS)?
The government funded programme develops young people in a range of skills that are desirable to employers. Young people from different backgrounds work together on a community project, promoting a more cohesive, responsible and engaged society.
The programme involves:
- A week away from home at an outdoor centre
- Developing new skills and meeting new people
- A week away in a university/community setting to experience living together with your team
- A unique experience to design your own project within your community
- Gaining a certificate signed by the Prime Minister.
Prospects was awarded a sub-contract to provide the NCS in South Gloucestershire. Gloucestershire Youth Support and South Cerney Outdoor Education Centre, both parts of the Prospects Group, are working together to deliver NCS this summer to 195 young people.
Visit the NCS website for more information and to find a local course.
The #mysummer campaign is run by Prospects, the education, employment and skills company, which gives young people awaiting their exam results advice on how to use their summer break to improve their employability and skills.