Come along to a free workshop, provided by the National Careers Service, to find out how you can boost your chances of finding a job, getting back to work or moving up the career ladder. The workshops take place in central Bromley on Friday 2nd August at 10am and 1:30pm.
Advisers from the National Careers Service will give top tips to help you stand out and make you more appealing to employers. The National Careers Service provides impartial information, advice and guidance to help you make informed decisions on the learning, training and work opportunities available to you no matter what stage of your career you are at. Face to face careers advice from the National Careers Service in London is provided by Prospects, the education, employment and training company.
There are three workshops to choose from: the first, CV workshop, will help you improve your CV in order to showcase your skills and experience to potential employers. The second, Volunteer your way back to work, introduces the idea of volunteering to boost your work experience and gain new skills. The final workshop, Your skills and achievements, will help you prepare for competency based application forms and interviews.
Each workshop is three hours long and free to attend for anyone aged 19+ but you must book in advance. To book your place please email email@example.com . Workshop spaces are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Shaunagh Gwynn, National Career Service District Manager South London, said:
“Our informal and inspiring workshops are designed to help you make the best work, education and training choices, whatever stage your career is at. Our expert advisers will provide top tips and guidance on making yourself more attractive to employers. We hope everyone who attends our workshops will leave with a better idea of where they want their future and career to take them.”
If you can’t attend the workshops or if you have a specific requirement you can meet a National Career Service Adviser for a one to one session to discuss your career and future. To make an appointment call 0800 100 900.
Prospects is one of the largest providers of careers advice and services which are targeted at vulnerable young people. We deliver face to face careers advice in London, the West Midlands and Yorkshire and Humber, on behalf of National Careers Service.
- END -
Notes to Editor
Prospects is a dynamic and enterprising group providing a wide range of education, employment and training services in the UK and internationally. At the heart of what we do is the drive to improve the life chances, abilities and aspirations of all we support.
Each year we help more than one million people through our extensive range of high quality services. The Prospects Group has an annual turnover in excess of £100 million and employs over 2,000 skilled and professional staff. We are one of the first and largest employee owned mutual companies to have spun out from the public sector.
Our services include;
- Careers services for adults and young people–leading provider of the National Careers Service
- Innovative approaches to rehabilitation of adults and young offenders in the community and delivery of the in custody element of the National Careers Service in Greater London and Yorkshire and Humber
- Targeted support for children and young people- helping those with learning difficulties and disabilities and young people not in education, employment or training (NEET)
- Youth Contract, support for young people in London, the West Midlands and Yorkshire and Humber
- The Work Programme - helping long-term unemployed people back to work as prime contractor in the South West and sub-contractor in London and Bristol
- Ofsted Early Years Inspection services in the Midlands and North of England
- Academy sponsorship through Prospects Academies Trust
- Over 500 Apprenticeship schemes nationwide
- Prospects Improve, offers an extensive range of education consultancy, academy and school improvement services
- Leading Parent Partnership Award- promoting engagement of families in schools
- Regional careers and skills events across the UK -including Skills London
- Mutual development services for public bodies
- Entrepreneurship for young people in Wales
- Professional, managerial and support staff recruitment, through CfA
- Gabbitas, one of the most trusted names in independent education, is part of the Prospects Group, with international offices in China, Russia, Korea and Japan.
[T] 020 8315 1023
[M] 07901 922211