Prospects, the education, employment and training company, has been selected to provide the National Careers Service in three areas. Prospects has retained the London contract and also expanded its coverage to include provision of the service in South West and West Midlands, all as prime contractor. As part of the Careers Yorkshire and Humber consortium Prospects will also continue to provide the National Careers Service in South Yorkshire. As the prime contractor, Prospects will also provide the In Custody element of the National Careers Service in all prisons in its delivery areas. The new contracts will begin in October this year. These wins cement Prospects position as the leading provider of careers information, advice and guidance for young people and adults.
The National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance via website, telephone and, for adults aged 19 and older, face to face through qualified careers advisers based in the community in Jobcentres and outreach locations. Advisers support jobseekers and those in work to make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. The In Custody element of the National Careers Service provides offenders with careers advice to help them prepare for their release.
Ray Auvray, Chairman of Prospects, said:
“I am delighted that Prospects has been chosen to continue to deliver this important service and in two additional areas. The new areas include the South West where we currently provide a range of services including the Work Programme and the West Midlands where we are a large subcontractor. As the leading provider of careers information, advice and guidance across England, we know how important quality, impartial careers advice is for helping people to find fulfilling jobs which offer the potential to progress to become long-term careers. We look forward to supporting more people into work and learning through the National Careers Service.”
- END -
Notes to Editor
The Prospects Group is a dynamic and enterprising organisation providing a wide range of education, employment and training services in the UK and internationally. At the heart of what we do is the drive to improve the life chances, skills and aspirations of everyone we support. Each year we touch the lives of more than a million people through our extensive range of high quality services. The Prospects Group has an annual turnover in excess of £100 million and employs more than 2,000 skilled and professional staff.
Our services include:
• National Careers Service in the community, offering face to face advice on learning and work as prime provider in Greater London, a partner in Careers Yorkshire and the Humber and a major subcontractor in the West Midlands and Bristol
• Work Programme which helps longer-term unemployed people back to work, as prime contractor in the South West and leading subcontractor in London and Bristol
• Targeted support helping NEET and vulnerable young people and those with learning difficulties and disabilities, including Pathway services to care leavers
• Innovative approaches to rehabilitation of adults and young offenders in the community, and provision of the ‘In Custody offer’ of the National Careers Service in all prisons in London, Yorkshire and the Humber
• Ofsted Early Years Inspection Services across the Midlands and North of England
• Youth Contract, support for 16-17 year old NEET young people in London, the West Midlands, Yorkshire and the Humber
• Prospects Apprenticeships, training apprentices across the UK
• Academy sponsorship through Prospects Academies Trust
• Education consultancy, academy and school improvement services through Prospects Improve
• Leading Parent Partnership Award - promoting engagement of families in schools
• Educational resources for schools and careers advisers
• Entrepreneurship for young people in Wales
• South Cerney Outdoor Education Centre in Gloucestershire
• Events including regional careers and skills events across the UK such as Skills London, City Walks and award ceremonies
• Business support and networking
• Mutuals development services for public bodies
The Prospects Group includes Gabbitas, independent education consultancy and CfAppointments, specialist recruitment services. We are also the partner in 3BM, an employee-owned Mutual providing support services to the education sector.
For more information please visit. www.prospects.co.uk
020 8315 1023