Emma, preparing for Ofsted
Emma, from Medway, was helped to prepare for her inspection by the Prospects Medway Early Years Team.
Emma said, “Prospects helped me in preparing and achieving a ‘Good’ report for my Ofsted inspection. They have supported me by:
- Checking all my policies and procedures are correct and in place
- Checking that I had all the relevant permission forms
- Helped me understand the Early Years Foundation Stage and ensure I was assessing, observing and planning in the right way, and was recording it correctly
- Made comments on how I could improve the layout of my setting
- Introducing me to more resources I could add to my setting to give children more choice
"Prospects helped me improve my setting in many ways. The feedback I’ve received from parents has been great, parents have commented on the changes I have made to my setting, and how the layout has benefited their child as an individual. When starting my career as a childminder, there was a lot to think about. As well as caring and providing a safe place for children to play, learn and enjoy, there are many aspects of this job to consider.
"Starting up my own business and attending all the relevant courses, having important paper work in place, understanding the EYFS so children in your care are given the best care and environment to grow and develop in, and for me, how was I going to advertise and would I get any response?
"I started childminding in April this year, and now have four children to care for, although I advertise, the best advertisement for me is from parents who have attended my setting and tell others how happy their children were, and I provide a great service. Business has been great and I now have to turn parents away as for me caring for four children all under the age of three is my limit and I feel confident and happy.”